Boyer Children’s Clinic has an immediate need for a Bookkeeper! Boyer is a leader and highly-valued resource in the community promoting services for children with neuromuscular disabilities and developmental delays. At Boyer, you are treated like a person, not a number. We operate in small teams and departments, allowing our employees to form lifelong bonds and relationships. We offer a flexible environment that allows casual dress and flexibility with your schedule. The work we do makes a difference!
Our Bookkeeper helps our Accounting Department run smoothly. Some Essential Functions of the role include:
- Preparing and processing payroll using an outside payroll service provider.
- Paying benefits and employee expense checks.
- Maintaining payroll related records, reports, and reconciliations.
- Handling accounts payable and expense coding.
- Maintaining vendor files.
- Processing cash receipts & bank deposits, ensure compliance with internal controls surrounding cash.
- Preparing form 1099s annually per IRS requirements.
- Maintaining and preparing various General Ledger reconciliations as assigned.
- Assisting the Accounting Manager with preparation for the annual audit and other external reporting.
- Assisting with documenting and maintaining accounting processes and procedures.
A successful candidate will have the following:
Education & Experience: One year previous Accounting or Bookkeeping experience and/or degree/education in Accounting. (H.S. Diploma or equivalent required.)
Software Skills: Proficiency using accounting software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) required; MIP accounting software and experience using outside payroll providers (Paychex, ADP, etc.) preferred
- Superior attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to take action and find solutions.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively with a willingness to adapt to changing priorities and jump in to help others when needed.
- Ability to earn trust and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
Important Notes about the position:
Pre-Employment Check: You must have the ability to pass a Washington State DSHS criminal history and background check and FBI fingerprint check.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; frequently required to sit, talk, and hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch; and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision. (These represent requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by a nonprofit or government and have student loan debt through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program, you may be eligible for loan forgiveness, cancellation, and/or consolidation under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). Please direct your questions regarding your eligibility to your student loan program
We Make a Difference! Our work supports each of our children’s unique abilities, and helps our families become their child’s best advocate.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you – Apply now! https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3590408
Since 1942, Boyer Children’s Clinic has worked to empower families and improve the lives of children with special needs. We recognize the impact of a diverse staff who reflect the families we serve, and we continuously strive to extend our core values of equity and inclusion into the broader community. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment at Boyer, especially members of underrepresented groups and veterans.