Boyer Children’s Clinic is currently seeking a full time Teacher’s Aide to assist the teachers and instructional assistants in classroom and support services.
Boyer Children’s Clinic provides medical, therapy, special education and family services to infants and young children with cerebral palsy and other developmental delays and their families. For more information on Boyer Children’s Clinic, please visit www.boyercc.org.
- Set up, implement, and clean up daily classroom activities.
- Assist in interaction with children including positioning, handling, transporting, feeding, and toileting children.
- Assist with student arrival and departure.
- Assist in planning, preparation, and maintenance of classroom materials.
- Participate in staffing, team meetings, in-services, business meetings, and other meetings.
- Provide child supervision as needed and assist with classroom attendance records.
- Maintain kitchen in clean order, run laundry, and maintain supplies.
- Assist in transportation program when needed.
- Participate in team meetings to coordinate therapy and classroom services that support Medicaid programs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires at least 6 months of experience working with families and/or children ages birth to 3 years old. Experience working or volunteering with children and/or families challenged with developmental delays is highly desired.
- Must have the ability to deal courteously and responsibly with disabled clients and their families.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Must have the ability to operate general office equipment and proficiently use software programs.
- Due to insurance requirement, this person must be at least 23 years in order to drive the Boyer van.
- Must have the ability to:
- Express oneself effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Obtain or possess a valid Washington State Driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Obtain First Aid and CPR certifications immediately, or be currently certified.
- Pass a criminal background check.
To Apply: Please apply online by emailing your cover letter and resume in a single MS Word document to email@example.com
Boyer Children’s Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.